submit to reddit

Thursday 26 November 2015

All Time Favourite TV Shows

In case you didn't know already SimplyKarah is a two person affair. This means that our top 5 lists are slightly different. So bonus for you, you get two top 5 lists. Enjoy!

I have watched ALOT of TV. I was a student, it's what we're supposed to do right? If you can offer me crime shows or period dramas...I'm in!


1. NCIS - If you've ever watched NCIS you will know about Leroy Jethro Gibbs and his rules. And you will understand how much I love this crime drama. It's one of the most comforting tv shows I watch, I know all the characters so well it's almost like watching friends on the screen (I realise how sad this sounds).

2. Call The Midwife - I was late to the bandwagon with this one but when I finally caught on I binge watched it all in a week. If you love period dramas and you don't mind watching women give birth then you'll probably love this. A warning to anyone of thinking about giving it a go though - this show has made me cry a ridiculous number of times.

3. Rizzoli and Isles - A crime drama with two strong female leads. I first watched this because the actor that plays Isles was Kate in NCIS (sob). I kept watching because a) it's a crime drama and I'll watch pretty much any crime drama and b) because I have a serious girl crush on the actor who plays Rizzoli (her hair is incredible!!).

4. Supernatural - Never in a million years did I ever dream that I would enjoy this show. I don't like scary movies and I don't like things with ghosts and monsters in it. But Supernatural got me hooked. It's probably the combo of Sam and Dean (hot) as well as the absolutely hilarious episodes they do every so often (It's A Terrible Life - anyone?).

5. Doctor Who - I've been watching Doctor Who ever since it was rebooted with the 10th doctor in 2005. Sometimes I love it and sometimes I could do without it. But mainly I think at this point it's so deep rooted into my life that not watching it would just be weird!



Right, ok. My turn! I am at, maybe, the opposite end of the TV genre. Apart from a love of Doctor Who as well, I am not really into the whole crime drama/period drama shows. Don't get me wrong, I'd watch them if someone else asked me to but for my own pleasure, no.
So, here's my top 5 in this top 10 list:


1. Once Upon a Time - Oh my goodness. If you're a lover of Disney or just the who fairytale, fantasy stories you maybe once read when you were a kid, then this is definitely the show for you. Tied in with some mystery, and a few jaw dropping moments (mostly, from the first season), this show just leaves you asking for more. I started watching this show because the other half of Simply Karah told me too, and honestly I'm so glad she did. Through it's many twists of stories you may think you know, you'll be running around - like we did - telling everyone to watch it. In fact, I'm watching it right now. Yeah, I'm one of those people who likes to rewatch shows from the very beginning!

2. Pretty Little Liars - classed as a "mystery-thriller" this show, again, will give you some breath taking moments. And by that I mean moments when you gasp for air and it travels way down to the pit of your stomach. Those moments when you stare at your screen and scream "NOOOOOO". However, I will say this. Be patient with it. It does, kind of, drag on a bit and for the most of it you don't get the answers you really want to hear. Now reaching the last season, I'm kind of sad that it's leaving. Maybe time to start it from the beginning again.

3. Orphan Black - I almost forgot about this show! Where is the next season? I need it. This show can get a little complicated. It's basically about this one girl who is in fact a clone. One actress, Tatiana Maslany, plays several identical people (the clones) who come together to try and, really, discover why they were made, defeat the people who made them (because really, someone needs to be the bad guy) and overall, protect their family. Throw in some hilarious scenes between the clones, some brutal killings (yeah, there is some blood) and a few - no, a lot of - tear-jerking moments and you have yourself one amazing show.

4. Gogglebox - No, I'm sorry but it needs to be in the list. If you're not from the UK then Gogglebox is a show where you see families sitting in their living room watching and commentating on the weeks most popular TV shows. Yes, we, over here in the UK thought it would be fun to watch a TV show of people watching another TV show. However, I have heard that a few other countries are now airing their own versions of Gogglebox - Australia I'm looking at you. Anyway, I think the reason I love it so much is because it's something that I sit down to watch with my family on a Saturday night and can have a right old laugh at. Seriously though, you get some good "one liners" from this show.

5. 24 hours in A&E - I studied nursing at University so naturally this show interests me. It's a new interest, a show I never thought I'd get into. A&E nursing is not up my street. Not knowing what's coming through that door, emotions all over the place, the vast rush of people around you. I praise these nurses, and doctors, for the service they provide to the community. This show shows exactly why I praise them. It's another one of those shows that can leave you speechless, a tear-jerker, it's filled with emotions. It can also get a bit graphic. So if blood is not your thing, or even seeing a dislocated shoulder being popped back into place then this is not the show for you. But I like it, and you should give it a bash.

What are some of your favourite tv shows?
SK x


No comments:

Post a Comment